Currently, Notabene allows VASPs to register Webhooks to offer the following functionalities:
- Register a Webhook for querying addresses
- To notify about transaction state changes
- When to trigger the blockchain transaction
Notabene has been working on supporting the registration of a single Multi-Message Webhook URL per VASP, improving the overall development experience:
- Less overhead on VASP's development teams: VASPs register a unique Webhook URL that will be invoked with different message types. The messages received depend on settings enabled by each VASP.
- Easier documentation on Webhooks: functionality changes will involve the addition of new message schemas or versions, without registering any additional Webhook URL, making it more future-proof.
- Better verification support: please have a look at this guide to read the recommendations on how to secure your Webhook in order to make sure that only Notabene (through SVIX) is invoking your Webhook.
Please note that the Multi-Message Webhook is not yet a replacement of the currently supported Webhook implementations.
Note: we removed the old webhook registration /webhook endpoint in favour of below new approach.
In the Portal, as Admin user, go to Settings and open the Card for Multi-Message Webhook setup:
Toggle the button and the platform will load an embedded webhooks endpoint management and monitoring application. Notabene use SVIX as their webhook management provider.
You can set-up one or more endpoints, select the message types to be received and configure a few advanced options.
Note: the URL does not support specific port numbers
Once you save your 'Endpoint', double click to open it and navigate to the Advanced tab to find your 'signing secret' that you can use to verify the source is trusted. This follows the security recommendations from SVIX. Please make sure to implement their recommendations and never share the secret.
At any time you can enter this application in our portal and monitor the health of your endpoints. You can see the message attempts, the failures and if needed, you can resend or replay messages.
Make sure that your Webhook is reachable by Notabene (through SVIX). The requests to your webhook will come from one of the IPs mentioned here under EU.
Updated 3 months ago